Finding the tunability of rear brakes.
Our Rear Brake Return Spring Kit offers tunable pedal resistance and a better overall feel by placing the spring in compression instead of tension. The Rear Brake Spring Kit provides a consistent feel, minimizing the "on-off" feel of most rear brakes.
The pedal resistance can be adjusted by how much preload is placed on the spring. The Return Spring Kit also minimizes debris from jamming the master cylinder as well as eliminating the stock tension return spring that attaches to the pedal.
Rear Brake Pedal Return Spring Kit consists of spring, spring bucket and nut. The Spring Bucket contains the spring as well as seals the master cylinder with the stock rubber dust boot.
*Please note when ordering whether your master cylinder shaft is 6mm or 8mm as well as whether it is a Brembo/Magura (KTM/Husq/Hus) or Nissin (Japanese bike/Beta). If your master cylinder has a 10mm adjuster or jam nut on the push rod, you need a 6mm application. If your master cylinder has a 12mm adjuster or jam nut on the push rod, you need a 8mm application. If you need help determining which size it is please call or email us.
KTM R&D's Mike Sleeter reviewed the Brake Spring Kit on his site My Two Wheeled Life saying, "I wanted share a very key component that I have been using for years. In 2016-17 some riders are having problems with there rear brake spring snapping of the brake pedal causing a very dead feel on the break pedal. Fasst Company out of Utah has been making a brake spring bucket and spring that goes under the master cylinder. On this brake spring the pedal resistance can be adjusted by how much preload is placed on the spring. In the earlier KTM models there wasn’t a problem with the rear brake springs braking so I used it for improved feel I had on my foot when breaking because I am hard on the rear brake. Believe it or not I have recycled a brake spring for almost 3 years with virtually no wear and tear." https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2017/3/1/fasst-company-brake-spring
Tuning the rear brake.
Creates tunable pedal resistance and improved feel.
No more on/off.
Minimizes the ON / OFF feel of most rear brakes.
Adjustable spring preload.
Spring pre-load determines level of resistance.
Keep it clean.
Minimizes debris from jamming master cylinder.
What's in the kit
- Brake return spring & nut.
- Anodized billet aluminum bucket.
|KTM/Husqvarna / Brembo/Magura 2003-current
|6mm Master Cylinder Push Rod
|8mm Master Cylinder Push Rod
- Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki 4-strokes motocross applications require the 6mm Spring Kit
- Kawasaki KXF requires the 8mm Spring Kit
- KTM 2003-current use the Brembo kit.
- Brembo Spring kits do not currently work on KTM 690, 701, 1090,1190, or 1290s. We're working on an application for this system.
- Brembo Spring kits work on 2018 Husqvarnas Magura brakes.
- Brembo Spring kits work on Sherco models with Brembo brakes
- Quads require the 8mm Spring Kit (BC-1RS-8).
- If your bike/quad has a 10mm adjuster or locking nut you will need the 6mm Spring Kit (BC-1RS-6).
- If your bike/quad has a 12mm adjuster or locking nut you will need the 8mm Spring Kit (BC-1RS-8).